If there is something out of the ordinary (pandemic, winter storm, wildfire, etc.), then we will make every effort to post pertinent information on our website.
If there is an unusual event, but no news posted on our site, then:
Feel welcome to reach out to one our our Elders or Deacons.
Text or Call Ron @ 503.347.3213
September "Connected to Family"
September – Connected to Family
• 9/3 – Joshua 24:14-15
• 9/10 – Deuteronomy 6:4-9
• 9/17 – Colossians 3:18-21
• 9/24 – Psalm 127:1-5
1 Unless the Lord builds the house, those who build it labor in vain. Unless the Lord watches over the city, the watchman stays awake in vain.
2 It is in vain that you rise up early and go late to rest, eating the bread of anxious toil; for he gives to his beloved sleep.
3 Behold, children are a heritage from the Lord, the fruit of the womb a reward.
4 Like arrows in the hand of a warrior are the children of one's youth.
5 Blessed is the man who fills his quiver with them! He shall not be put to shame when he speaks with his enemies in the gate.
October – Connected to One Another
• 10/1 – Romans 12:10-13
• 10/8 – John 13:34-35
• 10/15 – Eph 4:31-32
• 10/22 - Galatians 6:1-2
• 10/29 – Hebrews 10:19-25
Fall Season Begins...
September 3rd- New Sunday Clases and Teachers
- Gary Howell is teaching the Gospel of John in the auditorium. This will be part 2. Dig out your little black ESV journals that Gary provided for part 1 or get a new one (in the foyer).
- The kids classes (from the littles to the high school age) are ready to roll with new teachers who have their curriculum in hand.
September 6th- New Wednesday Classes and Teachers
- Justin Berss is teaching a class on The Life of David in the auditorium for adults and high school ages. Be ready to study the "annointing" on the first session.
- There are kids classes on Wednesday's for a variety of ages.
July CONNECTED to WORSHIP
Connected to WORSHIP:
July 2nd- Romans 12:1-2
July 9th- Psalm 100:1-5
July 16th- Acts 2:41-47
July 23rd- John 4:21-26
July 30th- Psalm 63:1-5
August- Connected in Prayer
New Classes March 5th & 8th
March 5th- Sunday Bible Classes will be as follows:
- Adults in the auditorium studying the Gospel of John with Gary Howell as the teacher.
- Kids Classes include High/Middle School Class, *Pre-Teen, Middle Elementary, Early Elementary and Pre-K/K.
- *The Pre-Teen Group will be trying out new curriculum. Kathy, Christy and Chantel will each teach one month using "Bible in Life" Middle School material (for grades 6-8).
March 8th- Wednesday Bible Classes will be as follows:
- High School and Adults will meet in the Auditorium to study "Portraits of Discipleship" with Ron Carpenter as the teacher.
- There will be multiple kids classes for Middle School and younger.
Upcoming Calendar Events
December 4th. Invite a Friend to Church Day!
Marriage Seminar Resources
The Keys to Marriage Seminar videos and participant handbooks are available on our church website.
Remember the assigned "Homework":
- Dig up your originial marriage vows & review them.
- Write new VOWS (incorporate some the principles from the seminar).
- Post them on your refrigerator.
- Recite them to one another regularily (once a month, once a year?).
Mens and Ladies Bible Classes
The men will be meeting 3rd Saturday's following the Men's Breakfast.
The women will be meeting 4th Sunday's after worship services for monthly classes.
The women will be meeting every Thursday at 12:00pm for a weekly devotional (a different study from the monthly sessions).
NEW: Sunday Livestream now on YouTube
For those who are unable to attend worship in person:
Go to: "RonThePreacherGuy" on YouTube
Our worship service will be streaming live on that channel and no longer on Go To Meeting.
There are multiple ways to find this channel.
#2- Go to our church website and click on the YOUTUBE tab (far right side of the page).
#3- Go to YOU TUBE and search for "RonThePreacherGuy"
Helpful Tip- SUBSCRIBE to this YouTube channel. Once you are subscribed you will get notifications. One would be that the channel is now livestreaming, and also when a new video is posted.
NOTE: GoTo Meeting will continue to be utilized for Wednesday interactive Bible Classes for those who are unable to attend in person.
The Love Bank!
Mark your calendars!
Brent Hunter from Kirkland Washington be joining us for a three-day series of lessons in October (14th-16th) on the
"The Key to a Successful Marriage" entitled THE LOVE BANK. "Limit the withdrawals and make as many deposits as possible!"
Exact times for that Friday, Saturday and Sunday yet TBD.
To keep our public and member website up to date has been incredibly challenging the past 18 months as times, services, classes, etc. have changed MANY times (at short notice on occasion). There are many tabs, links, widgets, pages, calendars and ...It is easy to miss one little little corner of the site and end up providing incorrect information. That being said, today, it all should be accurate. If you see something that needs an adjustment let Kathy or Justin Nix know and we will do our best to get it fixed!
On another note: keeping the website relevant, engaging, interesting, and helpful for members AND for those who are looking for God is extremely important as well...changes, update ideas, and plans have been simmering (on the back burner) for a number of months. We will get to it, Lord Willing, SOON.
Meeting times for the last week of September...
Sunday the 26th- 9:30am WORSHIP (no classes).
Wednesday the 29th- 7pm Bible Class. Those ages 13 and older will be studying the Apostle John. There are classes for the children as well (one for the littles and one for the readers).
Starting October 3rd, we will resume normal times & classes for Sunday and Wednesday.
Go To Meeting continues to be available on Sunday's and Wednesday's for those who are not meeting "in-person" at this time.
7pm Wednesday Bible Class Hybrid
Hybrid Class: In Person and/or Online
September 1st & September 8th
This class is for ages 13 & up.
There is no class for children 12 and under, but they are welcome to sit in on the class.
The online link is the same for Sunday and Wednesday.